How to install SharePoint 2013 Enterprise SP1 Prerequisites
Determine how you are going to deploy SharePoint 2013. In this case, SharePoint is being installed to a server lab. The installation will consist of a Windows 2008R2 server and a 2008 R2 SQL server for database functions.
1. Obtain a copy of SharePoint Enterprise 2013 with SP1 integrated.
2. Extract the iso to a folder.
3. On Prerequisite installer, Right mouse click to select Run as Administrator.
4. Click Yes to start the install.
You will be prompted to install the Prerequisites for SharePoint 2013.
5. On this screen select Next to continue the install.
The Prerequisites for SharePoint 2013 are:
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
• Windows Management Framework 3.0
• Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Native Client
• Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405)
• Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
• Windows Server AppFabric
• Microsoft Identity Extensions
• Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client
• Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.0
• Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.6
• Cumulative Update Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB2671763)
<had to set up the proxy for the VM in the lab in order to download from the internet>
The requirements for SharePoint are different for Windows Server 2012 and did not work out of the box. Multiple errors were received installing SharePoint to Server 2012, so I went with Server 2012.
6. Click I accept the terms of the License Agreement and select Next.
It will take awhile to download all of the needed prerequisites and install them depending on your hardware and network connection.
7. The first part of the prerequisites have installed. Select Finish to restart the computer.
Once you reboot the computer, SharePoint will start the second stage of installing Prerequisites.
A dialog will appear, this is normal.
8. User Account control will appear. Select Yes.
9. The second stage of installing prerequisites has completed. Select Finish to reboot your server and start the third stage of installing prerequisites.
10. After reboot, select Yes to launch the prerequisites installer.
11. Success! Select Finish to close.
However, It may be a good idea to test the instance to ensure you haven’t missed any prerequisites. I reran the prerequisites installer again to ensure I didn’t miss anything.
Next you will connect a SQL server in the next post.